Please give thought to the following, and don't worry if you get stuck on any or they aren't applicable; do what you can before we meet / conference:
1. Give yourself a label. “I am a ______________.” Ideally, we’ll want our readers to be able to clearly and quickly identify you by a label so they can align you to positions. List the types of positions you're looking by typical title(s); think about the best matched types of jobs and firms / organizations for you in light of your background and interests.
2. What are your most valuable ‘hard’ skills and attributes these could be professional competencies or knowledge areas or abilities - that you think give you the most leverage?
3. What did you ‘inherit’ when you came to each of your positions? By that I mean: what were the key challenges/issues/ situations you faced? And how did you address/resolve them?
4. What areas do you feel might be perceived as weak or not as strong from your background experience or training? How can we compensate for this?
5. Finally, do you have any model positions you have seen on the web? These will be very helpful to me regarding key words and focus areas. If you do, please forward any via email or print them out and bring them with you if we are meeting face-to-face.
Of course, I’ll need any old resume materials if you have them.